Sunday, December 9, 2012

Road Trip

We took a minor road trip, only 3 hours one way. However, long, boring car rides bring out lots of questions and observations from Jilliane.

We saw a burned forest, a quail farm, cacti, a giant squirrel, a law suit ad, a New York Twinkie and lion grass.

Jilliane: "That grass would be really good for a lion..."

Yes...good, Texas grass on the side of a highway. Fit for a lion.

Jillaine: "How is suing lawyers good?!? Because I want to be a lawyer (because I can argue well) and I really don't want to get sued." 


Jilliane "I saw a New York Twinkie on the side of the road."
Me: "What's a New York Twinkie?"
Jilliane: "Um..like, a twinkie with more filling, that has a lot of colors."



When on Chew Road: "Do people chew gum only on this road?"


"MOM! I saw a real cactus! A REAL CACTUS!!!" (Jilliane has seen many, many real cacti before...I'm not quite sure why these were so spectacular...)


She found a red wig: (with more knots than you can imagine.)
Fits her well. Doesn't it?
Needed to have some things clarified for her:
Like....yummy yolks vs. runny yolks, throw up pillows vs. throw pillows, quiche lorraine vs. La Grange. 


She made a ginger bread house: (complete with a blue M&M swimming pool and gum drop bushes in the back.)


 Created her own private seat in the car: (with blankets)


And, my favorite quote: "I have a scab on my nose that I pick off every morning...(pause)...I forgot to pick it off this morning..."

Laughing makes time fly...

Madeleine


No comments:

Post a Comment